Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tart looks so tasty with the prosciutto sprinkling the top! I saw this being made on Everyday Italian, and knew I had to make it myself.
- Bake the pie shell in a square or round tart pan according to package instructions.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the pears and cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the tart crust has cooled slightly, gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the tart.
- Place the pear slices in a decorative pattern over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.
A big hit. We have a weekly pie night with friends. Usually I'm left with lots of leftovers. Not with this recipe. The cheese was a little hard to spread, I used my fingers to smush it into an even layer. For the pears, I bought three different types. The pears that were more crisp rather than soft worked much better. None of them got very golden, the the flavor was still great.
The flavors of this are really good. In making it, make sure you slice your pears thickly or else they get wimpy when you cook them. Also the cheese mixture is difficult to spread. Well worth the effort. Thanks!