Recipe by Pikake21
This tart looks so tasty with the prosciutto sprinkling the top! I saw this being made on Everyday Italian, and knew I had to make it myself.
Top Review by Lt. Amy
A big hit. We have a weekly pie night with friends. Usually I'm left with lots of leftovers. Not with this recipe. The cheese was a little hard to spread, I used my fingers to smush it into an even layer. For the pears, I bought three different types. The pears that were more crisp rather than soft worked much better. None of them got very golden, the the flavor was still great.
- 1 store bought pie shell
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small pears, cored and sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the pie shell in a square or round tart pan according to package instructions.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the pears and cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the tart crust has cooled slightly, gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the tart.
- Place the pear slices in a decorative pattern over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.