Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tart looks so tasty with the prosciutto sprinkling the top! I saw this being made on Everyday Italian, and knew I had to make it myself.
- Bake the pie shell in a square or round tart pan according to package instructions.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the pears and cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- When the tart crust has cooled slightly, gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the tart.
- Place the pear slices in a decorative pattern over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.