Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe created by Sam (copperbadge) for his "Torchwood Season Zero" metafic at http://community.livejournal.com/tw_season_zero - oh, don't ask what it is, just go read it. :) This soup is very good when you're immortal, have been poisoned, and need to recuperate.
- 1 large onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil, for sauteing
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- curry powder, to taste
- cayenne, to taste
- grated fresh ginger, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- minced parsley or chopped green onion, for garnish
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add celery, carrots, potatoes, and curry powder; stir. Add broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the spices and peanut butter. Puree with immersion blender, if desired. (I like to pull out about 1 cup of soup, puree the rest, then put back the reserved unpureed soup.).
Man this is good. Any any resturant or home this whould receive rave reviews. I used very little curry ( 1/4 teaspoon) and thats about right for our family. I also used the same amount of cayenne pepper and it had a nice aftertaste. If you never had a peanut styled soup try this. If you have what you considered the best in the world, TRY THIS RECIPE!