1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Sydney Mike's Note:
The recipe for these tasty treats was found in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook, 2009. Preparation time does not inclue the time needed for the cookies to cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus extra for topping)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper for even browning & to guard against burning.
- 2FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH ~ In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda & salt.
- 3In a large bowl, & with an electric mixer at high speed, beat butter, peanut butter & both sugars until light & fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs & vanilla, then gently fold in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- 5Roll a rounded tablespoon of dough between your hands to make a ball, then place it on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat until cookie dough is all used up.
- 6Dip a fork in some additional granulated sugar & press each dough ball to make a crisscross pattern.
- 7Bake for 14 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- 8Set the baking sheets on wire racks & cool 5 minutes before transferring cookies directly onto the wire racks to cool completely.
- 9FOR THE FILLING ~ In a medium bowl beat all filling ingredients together until creamy.
- 10Spread 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the flat side of 1 cookie & press the flat side of a 2nd cookie onto the filling, creating a cookie sandwich. Repeat until sandwich cookies are completed!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g