Peanut Butter Dreams
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These remind me of the Girl Scout peanut butter sandwich cookies--they're wonderful and "healthy" too with the oat flour! This recipe comes from an old Quaker Oats recipe booklet that I've had for over 15 years.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups ground oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (regular or butter flavored)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Ground oat flour: Place 1 to 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned) in blender or food processor.
- Blend or process for about 60 seconds.
- Makes about 1 cup oat flour.
- Beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Add combined dry ingredients: mix well.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork dipped in sugar to form a crisscross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated oven (350°) for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I saw this recipe on www.quakeroats.com website this morning. Thank you for posting and saving me the time! :-) YUMMY! Here are some notes/tips from the website: To make ground oat flour, place uncooked oats in blender or food processor. Cover and blend about 1 minute. Stop blender occasionally to stir oats. 1-1/4 cups oats will yield about 1 cup ground oats.Reply