Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 3/8 inch thickenss with a fork.
- Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat filling ingreadients until smooth.
- Spread on half of the cookies and top each with another cookie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What an over the top Peanut Butter Cookie recipe! Made these today, following instructions but took 8 T milk to make the filling the consistentcy I was looking for~made a total of 24 sandwiches and put 6 in the freezer for a warm weather munchie. Kept 12 cookies just plain for hubby to eat this afternoon~<br/>Thank you for a winner Courtly!
On 3/21/11 I made this recipe exactly as it was written.After combining all the wet ingredients together, I did have a bit of trouble with getting all the flour mixed in well.The batter turned out very stiff,but it was still workable. Baking time was "right on the button". For some reason cookies the cookies came out larger than stated, so I had to make some more filling.If you are craving a " Peanut Butter Cookie Fix " this is the cookie for you. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
These are delicious cookies for the peanut butter lover! (That would be me and the rest of my clan.) They do make a very special treat - a much-loved favorite of my kids. It's good that we are so active and are always being requested to take goodies like this to share with others - that way I can make things like this and not grow out of my clothes! : )