Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A luscious, creamy ice-box pie. Has a long chill time which is included in the cook time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, chilled and divided
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of cream, the sugar, and vanilla; use an electric mixer and beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place the peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl; stir in 1/4 of the whipped cream.
- Gently fold the lightened peanut butter mixture back into the remaining whipped cream.
- Scrape the filling into the pie shell; smooth the top with a rubber spatula and refrigerate pie until the filling is firm (at least 3 hours).
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan until just boiling.
- Remove pot from burner and whisk in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the topping cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Spread it over the chilled pie with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until the filling is completely set (at least 6 hours and up to 1 day).
- Alternative topping ideas: instead of spreading the melted chocolate topping over the pie, drizzle with hot fudge sauce or chocolate peanut butter sauce over slices of pie and top with dollops of whipped cream and the chopped peanuts.