Recipe by Kerena
Another Bakers Baking Chocolate Recipe. Quick cooking oats can also be used without compromising the recipe.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
Yummy! I really enjoyed snacking on these. They are really light! Perfect amount of peanut butter and chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips since I didn't have chunks on hand. They baked up just right and mine came out slightly crumbly but great nonetheless. I will make these again. Thanks!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugars, butter and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough, 2" apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from baking sheets to wire rackes. cool completely.