Jumbo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I recently made these cookies after finding the recipe on the package of Nestle Chocolatier chocolate chunks. This is a great cookie for those who love dark chocolate. They are very moist and chewy. This recipe makes a dozen jumbo-sized cookies, but I'm sure you could make them smaller if you like. My family LOVES these cookies.
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (53 percent cacao dark chocolate)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 2/3 cup chunks in microwave-safe bowl on high power for 45 seconds; stir.
- Microwave an additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in remaining chunks.
- Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and the tops have a cracked appearance.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
These cookies are so good they were gone in no time! I made them as an addition to my 2008 Christmas Cookie Tray and will definitely be sure to add them to my next year's Christmas Tray as well. But be sure, I won't wait until Christmas to make them again!! Too good to wait!! The 1/4 cup makes a very nice sized cookie for your chocolate lovers. Thanks, Lainey!
I don't make cookies - or what we call call biscuits - often and I'm not sure how I came to tag these for Healthy Choices Tag. It must have been VERY late at night, but I'm really glad that I did. They are SO delicious, SO easy to make - and the instructions were wonderfully clear. I made these to the specified size and the only change I made was to add 1/4 cup of chopped macadamias. Ah, just realised! THAT was the "healthy" bit! ;) Thanks for sharing another delicious recipe, Lainey. Freezing them for lunches is a great idea, Erindipity! That's exactly what I've done! I'll also be making these for morning teas, and perhaps then making a smaller, more elegant version! :)