Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I changed up a spicy breakfast cookie recipe I had to create these. They contain flax, oatmeal and peanut butter for a delicious and filling start to the day. Plus the kids think it is so much fun to get to have cookies for breakfast! Great served with some fresh fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients through oatmeal, stirring with a wire whisk to combine well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, vanilla and peanut butter and oil until combined.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients mixing well. Dough will be stiff.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets (or parchment paper), flatten slightly and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees (don't over bake--they taste better slightly chewy).
You had me at peanut butter! Great to eat when my teething baby has me up at 4:30am! Made for My 3 chefs