Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rich flavor, recipe from my friend Rhodalyn.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter chips, for garnishing
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for garnishing
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda, stirring until blended. Allow to cool to room temperature. Then, stir in 1/2 cup each peanut butter chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Place pan on wire rack. Centers of brownies will fall upon cooling. If not, tap centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole. (I baked mine for 14 mins and just gave them a little tap when I got them out).
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then stir. While brownies are still hot, spoon about a tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan. It doesn't take a lot of Peanut Butter.