I found this recipe at hillbillyhousewife.com, a very interesting site. My kids love this granola...they eat it plain, or on top of yogurt with fruit, like a sundae.
- Melt together margarine, peanut butter and honey.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add oatmeal and toss to coat completely.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 about 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in sealed container.
- Note.watch it closely while it bakes -- it burns easily, especially around the edges where it's spread thinner on the pan.
- Also note -- I omit the salt without noticing any change in flavour.