Peanut Butter Granola
a nice early morning breakfast meal.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 cups dry oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Melt together the final 3 ingredients, and pour over oatmeal in cooker, and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours stirring every 20 minutes.
- Sprad onto cookie sheet, and when completely cooled break into chunks, and store in an airtight container, or serve when cooled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
very good...I veganized it w/ Earth Balance...used 1/4 cup of brown sug-Splenda and added some rough ground flax...to "crisp" it I toasted it in the dehydrator for a bit on low...I think this is the way I will approach homemade granola from now on...thanks for a great recipe share!!!-made for "I Recommend Tag" :)
I am with JanuaryBride on the overcooking/burning! lol Loved the idea of using the crockpot. I did follow her suggestion as well and put the pan in the oven at 300 F for 20 minutes - stirring every 5 minutes for a crunchy granola. I had this for lunch and it was delicious! Thanks so much for another great recipe! Made for the January 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.