Crispy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
photo by Chef Argyle
- Ready In:
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- Lightly grease a 12x8 inch baking dish. If you don't have this size, 11x7 or 13x9 will work.
- Put half of the oats in a food processor and process until it forms a powder. This is optional, but I like the texture it creates.
- Add processed oats, remaining oats, and cereal to a large bowl.
- Put dates and craisins in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add to dry ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, heat honey until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour liquid over the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Be aware the chips will melt into the mix. You can freeze them ahead of time if you want them to stay whole.
- Dump mixture into the greased baking dish. Lay a sheet of waxed or parchment paper over top, then press down the mixture until smooth and even. Throw out paper.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes, then slice into bars while still in the dish. Chill dish for about an hour to firm up, then remove bars and place in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!