Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Soft and chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using on electric mixer on low speed, combine butter, peanut butter, sugars, and eggs.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture just until no flour is visible (over mixing develops the gluten, making the cookies tough).
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheet (drop 2-inches apart).
- Bake until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top (9-13 minutes).
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.