Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is very tasty as it's a combination of my two favorites. I just had to post it as I see there are other's w/my same taste passions. This can be taken anywhere as the peanut butter frosting sprinkled w/the mini-chocolate chips are a nice contrast together. Can also be made as cupcakes.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temp
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coffee, (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with chocolates chips.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is a very yummy local favorite where I come from. The cake recipe is absolutely to die for! This is my new go-to recipe for chocolate cake- I have made it several times now. The frosting is very good, though next time I make it I will double the batch and add extra peanut butter.
DH rated this as a 10+++ ! I knew he would love this, 2 of his favorite combinations too! I did make this into cupcakes, as we were sharing these with our youth group kids. Next time I'll double the recipe! I didn't have a single one to take home! Thank you Sue! Made for KK's Recipe Tag
Made this for what I thought would be the usual small Thursday morning social here in the park, but after I brought in this cake, word went out fast, & I cut all the pieces in half just so everyone could have a taste! Big success for this VERY NICE TASTING CAKE! I did leave in the brewed coffee (although I had thought about substituting something else for it)! One change I did make was to use extra chunky PB instead of the creamy variety! Thanks much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my group mates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #31]