Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like peanut butter cups-you will love these. This recipe was in Penzeys One.
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the peanut butter and butter.
- Add the the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and ginger.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter. Don't mix too much.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake!
- Cool before cutting.
Made for Easter Egg Hunt Tag. If I could give these more than 5 stars I would. They are so rich and so good (what with 2 cups of brown sugar, a cup of peanut butter, 1 stick of butter and chocolate chips ~ what else can I say???). Fed my son and four of his college friends for dinner tonight and these were for dessert ~ I doubt that there are any left. Thanks for posting this Rose. These will be made often!