Banana Chip Bars
Super easy and absolutely delicious. These bars never last longer than a few hours at our house.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour (I prefer whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is the sort of recipe that needs more than five stars. Fantastic, moist, tasty. I only put in half the choc chips as they are hugely expensive here, and didn't have whole wheat flour and it is perfect for us. Thanks to Sallyanne for a great recipe, one I know will be used regularly, and to Parsley for suggesting it!Reply
I had two overripe bananas and wanted something easy and this fit the bill. I would describe these bars as moist and chewy banana "blondies." They are not too moist and not too cakey; just right. Even better, is that the edges don't get hard and crunchy, so nobody avoids eating the edges! I baked mine a little over 30 minutes. Thanx for this great recipe. I'll use this again!Reply
see 10 more