Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
For all you peanut butter chocolate lovers, these are wonderful!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 (11 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 x 9-inch square cake pan.
- In the microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup butter.
- Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in the milk.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together sugar, flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over dry ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the batter; set aside.
- Spread out the remaining batter in the bottom of the greased pan.
- To make the topping: melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave, or over double boiler; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and milk or half and half (if using).
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the melted peanut butter chips; beat until smooth.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer in the pan, covering well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup brownie batter over the top, and swirl with a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, or until set (don't over bake!).
- Cool completely before cutting.
PERFECT brownies. Peanut butter, cheesecake and brownies all in one. How can you go wrong with this. Thanks Kitten for another wonderful dessert.
I baked them longer than recipe called for, but did not want to overbake-as recipe stated. They were runny and doughy. I had to throw entire pan away.