Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy cereal muffins that taste almost as good as peanut butter cookies but more nutritious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal or 2 cups corn flakes or 2 cups wheat flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Oven @ 400 degreas.
- Grease a 12-muffin muffin pan.
- Combine cereal and milk and let sit a few minutes to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix by hand just until combined.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Test center with knife. The knife should come out clean.
I had 2 cups of all-bran extra fiber to use up and this recipe looked great. I was nervous about it at first, because it didn't look like enough liquid. That said, it was very tasty. I used skim milk and chunky peanut butter and we enjoyed them. A little dense, but great flavor.
We had a ton of raisin bran cereal left over so i was looking up recipes and came across this and chose to make it since i had all the ingredients at home. My parents said it tasted good when it was warm but once it cooled down the peanut butter left a weird aftertaste in their mouths. this recipe was nice but i probably wont make it again
If you can't decide whether to have cereal, muffins, or peanut butter toast for breakfast, here's your solution. I used half whole wheat flour and the recommended amount of milk, and got muffins that are very light and fluffy, yet also very filling. These also gave me the chance to use up some stale cornflakes. I had the urge to add a dash of cinnamon and didn't, but I wish I had.