Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A caramel layer sandwiches between a cookie crust, pecans and chocolate chip sprinkled topping. From Land O Lakes and Kraft. Chill time not included.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over dough. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around edges.
- Meanwhile, place caramels and half & half in 2-quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (6 to 11 minutes). Stir in vanilla.
- Drizzle caramel mixture evenly over pecans; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cool completely (about 3 hours) at room temperature. Cut into bars.