Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe and served at her restaraunt, The Lady and Son's.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (at least 1/2 cup, if using more, decrease shortening by an equal amount)
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Beat mixture with electric mixer on low until moistened, then beat on medium for two minutes.
- Add eggs and beat for two minutes.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan for 30-35 minutes.
- Do not remove from pan.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- With a wooden spoon handle, poke a few holes in the cake, then pour warm frosting over it.