Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
Toast a piece of this and spread some jam on it---you're in heaven!! Very easy bread to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Bake in greased 8in loaf pan at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan.
My kids finish this off in a day! I originally found this recipe in my Fanny Farmer cookbook with 1/4 tsp. salt as the only difference. Everyone with kids (or a hubby with a sweet tooth) should try this.
The hubby just loved it! He was asking if I would bake another one just three days later! It wasn't too sweet which is a plus!
My picky 5 yr daughter loved this!