1/11 Photos of Peanut Butter & Banana Loaf
From Metropolitan Cookbook 1964...I love old cookbooks! I love the combination of peanut butter and bananas in this quick bread. (Edited to adjust the baking times to 35-45 minutes and not the original 1 hour. My oven it takes almost a complete 45 minutes where reviewers are baked in 35 minutes. Just check after 35 minutes so it does not get overbaked!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- 3Cream together the shortening and peanut butter; then add the sugar gradually while creaming -- continue to cream until light a fluffy.
- 4Add eggs and beat well.
- 5Stir in dry ingredients alternately with the mashed bananas; mix well but do not beat or overmix or you will get tough bread.
- 6Spoon batter into well greased loaf pan 8x4x3.
- 7Bake for 35-45 minutes or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter & Banana Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g