Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've had this well-worm recipe for as long as I've been married. I often make it for potluck functions. The ladies love it, but the heavy texture is a real favorite with men.—Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan From The Best Of Country Cooking 2007
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed ripe (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, milk and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.