Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Wow, this bread tastes like cake! My family devoured it in one day.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Applesauce Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, at room termperature
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the sugar, peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until smooth. Beat in the applesauce and vanilla. Add the prepared flour mixture and stir just until moist and there are no traces of flour visible. It may be a bit grainy.
- Spoon into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out with just a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 min, then turn loaf out nto rack and cool til room temp, about an hour.
- Store at room temp for 4 days or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.