Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from an email from the www.hersheys.com website. The cook time listed is really for refrigeration time.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked and cooled
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 2 tablespoons water, boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt 1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/3 cup milk in medium bowl until smooth. Add melted chips; beat well. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons milk. Spread into cooled crust.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly. Combine sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until stiff; pour in gelatin mixture, beating until well blended. Spoon into crust over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate several hours. Garnish with remaining chips. Cover; store leftover pie in refrigerator.
DELICIOUS!!! I made this for dessert last week and my family LOVED it! The only change I made was to place half of the chocolate creme bottom, peanutbutter filling in the middle, and the rest of the chocolate creme on top. This one is definately a keeper!!!
Excellent, excellent pie. I looked through a lot of recipes for this one; I really wanted a choc. p.b. pie that did not have a cookie or graham crust. This fit the bill and the layers made it extra special for company. The bottom layer is almost like peanut butter cup filling, with just a hint of cream cheese flavor. The top is very velvety smooth; good chocolate flavor but personally I'd like a deeper chocolate. I might try to add a little more cocoa next time. Another note: 1 2/3 cup p.b. chips is exactly one 10oz. bag.