Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Quick, easy and tasteful way to make pork chops in your crockpot!
- 6 pork chops, browned (boneless works best)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can peaches, drained (reserve 1/4 cup of the syrup)
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place browned pork chops in crock pot; season with salt and pepper.
- Place peaches on top of pork chops.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, tomato sauce, syrup and vinegar.
- Pour over pork chops and peaches.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
I made this recipe for dinner yesterday. It was quite good and very easy to make, great for a busy weekend. The peaches and cinnamon are an interesting combo. I served mine with white rice.
Overall, this was a good recipe. I used 3/4 inch thick boneless loin chops and cooked them for 5 hours. They came out a little dry at 5 hours though. Next time, I will cook them for 4 hours max. The sauce was thin but yummy! It had a great taste and soaked into the rice quite nicely. If you want a thicker sauce, you could add a tablespoon or two of tapioca along with the primary ingredients -- but I was happy with the thin sauce.
Made this tonight for my family who loved it. I "low" cooked it for 6.5 hours.....had to because we went to the movies. All turned out fine, and there was no need for knife as the meat was fork tender. I always read the comments to get my feel for the recipe and to listen to suggestions that I might like to use. Here are a few of my tweaks.... I floured my chops before I browned them. Hoping that the may help make a better gravy later. Actually sprinkled a little flour on the bottom of the Crock for good measure before placing meat in. I used NO ADDED SUGAR Sliced Peaches....figured if it had brown sugar already in it then it would be already sweet enough. It was perfect for us. I posted a picture of it because I wanted to PIN it too for later reference.