Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another good way to combine peaches and pork chops.
- 6 pork chops, browned (boneless work best)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches, drained but reserving 1/3 cup syrup
- peach (fresh or canned)
- Baste each side of pork chops with peach preserves; place in crock pot.
- Add peaches and reserved syrup.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with extra peaches when serving.
Although the meat came out wonderfully, tangy and a little bit fruity and OH so tender, we weren't to big on the texture of the peaches when they were cooked in the crockpot. We didn't end up eating those, but they worked beautifully with the meat! I served it with mashed potatoes and sweetlet peas, then used the leftover meat in a stew the next day and the flavour still came through nicely. Different, but not overbearing!
At first, I wasn't so sure of peaches and pork chops... but in search of a new way to cook them, i figured why not! Ended up becoming a family FAVORITE!!! Thank YOU!!!!
I changed the peaches to pineapples for the crock pot. I still used the peach preserves. I also served it with white rice that had green onion and garlic/ butter saute' added. It was very good.