Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Lovely, elegant cheesecake!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup peach liqueur or 1⁄4 cup reserved peach juice
- 2 cups peaches, sliced (canned or fresh)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease the base of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat 1 egg in 1-1/2 quart bowl with mixer on high for 4 minutes until it forms a thick yellow foam.
- On low speed, mix in 1/3 cup of sugar until smooth.
- Add 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, salt and water; mix until fully blended.
- Pour into pan; roll until level.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes on lowest rack, then let it cool to room temperature.
- Reduce heat to 325°.
- On high, mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs and flour.
- Add remaining vanilla, sour cream and peach liqueur/juice and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Carefully fold in sliced peaches evenly and then pour cheesecake filling onto cooled spongecake base.
- Bake for 70 minutes on low rack. Turn oven off, leaving oven door ajar. Leave in oven for 40 minutes.
- Chill and top with whipped cream.