Recipe by katew
Sounds wonderful and other fruit could be used here I am sure.
Top Review by I'mPat
What a lovely dessert this made, I scaled back for 2 serves for the DM and the DS and made in a small square corning dish but had enough for 4 serves (so it will be dessert again tonight for them). I did use an artificial sweetener in place for the sugar and the peaches were in natural juice and served with a creamy vanilla yoghurt. Thank you katew, made for Everyday A Holiday.
- 60 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 425 g sliced peaches, drained
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, extra
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar, 1 egg, sifted flour and milk in bowl with electric mixer.
- Beat till smooth and changed in colour.
- Pour into greased ovenproof dish.
- Top with peaches.
- Bake in moderate oven 40 minutes.
- Pour combined cream and extra 2 eggs over peaches.
- Sprinkle with combined sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake further 15 minutes or till set.