Recipe by Angie in St. Charles
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it has been a family favorite ever since I made it 8 years ago! My father-in-law requests it all of the time. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful. Everytime I take it somewhere, someone asks for the recipe. I use a butter flavored yellow cake mix.
Top Review by xidmary
This is a very good cake. I have made it several times. The one thing I have noticed is the crust can be a little salty if I use salted butter. I used unsalted butter in the one I made today and it was perfect. Thanks
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 (29 ounce) cansof sliced peaches, reserve peach juice from cans for topping
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches, reserving 1-3 T juice for the topping and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, and egg in medium bowl.
- A soft dough will form.
- This can be done by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Press dough onto bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover dough with drained peaches.
- To make the topping, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and juice with electric mixer until creamy.
- Spread over peaches.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.