Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it has been a family favorite ever since I made it 8 years ago! My father-in-law requests it all of the time. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful. Everytime I take it somewhere, someone asks for the recipe. I use a butter flavored yellow cake mix.
- Drain peaches, reserving 1-3 T juice for the topping and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, and egg in medium bowl.
- A soft dough will form.
- This can be done by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Press dough onto bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cover dough with drained peaches.
- To make the topping, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and juice with electric mixer until creamy.
- Spread over peaches.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
This is a very good cake. I have made it several times. The one thing I have noticed is the crust can be a little salty if I use salted butter. I used unsalted butter in the one I made today and it was perfect. Thanks
I liked this very much, and my youngest son finished it off before my oldest son even got home from work! I did think the crust part was just a little too sweet - I don't know if it's the brand of cake mix I used, or if it's just because it was a concentrated flavor. I think I'll try it again with a different brand and see if that cuts back on the sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing!!
This was so incredible. I kept it in longer cause it didn't "look" done but it was. The cream is just really "wet' looking. But as it cooled it started thickening up. It was too good to be true. Wow. Thank you so much. I will make again!