Recipe by ~Bliss~
(This cake is better on the 2nd and third days if there's any left).
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 4 stars. My family thought this was very good tasting cake. I have to agree with the other reviewers this is a very dense cake but that's how I know a homemade cake from a boxed once. I followed the recipe as written except I used 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute and 2 cups Splenda granular in place of the sugar. My cake only took 60-65 minutes to be completely baked. I checked on when it really smelled the best while baking and does it smell great while baking. I frosted my cake with Recipe #387629 but I don't think this needed a frosting just confectioners' would be fine. The copy of this recipe I found along time ago is slightly different. The recipe calls for 2 cups sugar, 3 cups fresh or frozen peaches (if frozen have peaches thawed and drained), and confectioner's sugar (for dusting). Bake time is different it says to bake 55-65 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before inverting onto plate. After cooling dust with confectioner's sugar. The recipes says it serves 12-14. Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Top with a light lemon glaze. Thanks for posting a great tasting cake. Christine (internetnut)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups medium-ripe fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar well, until very light and fluffy.
- Beating well after each addition, one at a time add eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- Mix together sour cream and peaches.
- Beginning and ending with dry ingredients, alternately add dry ingredients and sour cream-peach mixture to creamed mixture.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cake tests done, 75 to 80 minutes.
- Cool slightly, remove from pan and cool completely.
- 10-12 servings.
- This recipe was delicious, using the amounts stated in my recipe. The reviewer's recipe is an entirely different recipe, and should not be confused with mine.