Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from About.com. It was posted by Diana Rattray. I was looking for a way to use up my peaches and plums and there wasn't a recipe like this posted here. Don't forget to use proper canning techniques. Make sure everything is sterile!!
- 591.47 ml finely chopped peeled and pitted peaches
- 354.88 ml finely chopped pitted plums
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 1774.42 ml sugar
- 2 (170.09 g) envelopecerto liquid pectin
- In a large pot combine peaches, plums, lemon juice and sugar.
- Cook, stiring, over med-high heat until sugar is melted.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add 2 pouches of Certo, stirring constantly.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
- Fill Hot sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe off jar rims with damp cloth.
- Top with 2 piece seal and ring.
- Hot water bath jars for 10 minutes.
The family loved this. I followed the recipe as written except added 1/2 Tbsp butter to help reduce foaming. This jam set up beautifully. Has a wonderful flavor.
I love anything Plum and this is so easy to make I used it on roasted chicken on night to rave reviews
What a delicious flavor the plums lend to the peaches. This jam sets up beautifully and really made alot. Thanks for a yummy recipe!