Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe to use when peaches are in season. This filling freezes wonderfully, and you can enjoy "Fresh" peach pie in the middle of winter!
- Slice the peaches and mix with 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, and add the other 1/2 cup sugar and the Tapioca.
- Boil again for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Divide into thirds, and place in a freezeable container.
- Each portion will yield 1 pie.
- Thaw only at room temp, do NOT use the microwave to thaw.
- Place this filling into an unbaked pie shell, top with a pie pastry crust, and bake as you would a regular fruit filled-pie.
Easy with excellent results!
A wonderful recipe and so good to use up the last of the fall peaches. We shall look forward to having "fresh peach pie" during the winter. I would suggest cutting down on the sugar if the peaches are sweet. I did not use the 1/2 cup of sugar that went in with the tapioca as my peaches were sweet.
very easy and fast. As Jakie P. said, it really does take up less room in the freezer. Haven't made a pie from it yet, put it does taste good. Did add 2 Tablespoons tapioca more as the peaches seem to be really juicy.