Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
The Perfect Scoop
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe peaches
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- fresh squeezed lemon juice, a few drops
- Peel peaches, slice them in half, and remove the pits; cut peaches into chunks and cook them with the water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sugar, then chill in the refrigerator.
- When the peaches are cool, puree them in a blender or food processor with the yogurt until almost smooth but slightly chunky; mix in a few drops of lemon juice.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.