Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another of those recipes my mom and I found when cleaning out one of her kitchen closets. It was cut from a Betty Crocker cake mix box. If you like peaches you'll love this cake!
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches (in light syrup)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) container peach yogurt
- 1 (4 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the syrup. Add enough water to the syrup to make 1 1/4 cups. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, syrup, oil and eggs until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees, 27 to 32 minutes for 8-inch pans or 23 to 28 minutes for 9-inch pans. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut peaches into bite-sized pieces. Mix yogurt and whipped topping, then fold in peaches. Place 1 layer of cake on serving plate; top with 1/2 of the whipped topping mix. Cover with the second cake layer and frost top with remaining whipped topping mix. Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
Made this for a friend of mine who absolutely loves peach cake (something I usually make for her on her birthday), & although it isn't her birthday, I surprised her with a just-for-the-'halibut,' not-quite birthday cake ~ She loved it, & so did we! Yet another peach cake keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
Made for Photo Tag. Very easy and lovely.Nice flavour to the cake and a light not too sweet icing.