Prep 10 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
This is common thursday food in canteens and diners. It has long root from the catholic period of our country, when friday was a fasting day and eating meat was not allowed
- Soak peas in water overnight.
- Add peas and bring them to a boil in the beef broth.
- Add marjoram or thyme.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and on medium heat, add the mince meat and stir fry till nicely browned.
- When peas are cooked and mushy add the meat and stir together.
- Serve hot, season with salt and mustard.