Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is great because it uses black eyed peas. And it's got some zing to it.
- 1 package plain Doritos, crushed don't use big bag
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped,to taste
- 354.88 ml Miracle Whip
- 29.58 ml sugar, more to taste
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, rinsed,drained
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml vinegar, more to taste
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- Finely chop green onions and jalapenos, combine with remaining ingredients except the Doritos.
- When ready to serve add crushed Doritos.
- If mix is too stiff add more Miracle Whip, vinegar, sour cream or some jalapeno juice.
Black eyed peas in a salad .....Yum yum,I adore this salad I couldn't stop eating it.My husband had a fit over it too. It is a really good salad!!! Thanks,Darlene
I like black eyed peas but haven't had them in a salad before so I tried your recipe. The black eyed pea flavor wasn't overpowering in this salad at all. It is very good and everyone liked it. Thanks CrankyCook. Bullwinkle.