Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped peeled fresh ginger (or more to taste, up to 1/4 cup)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock (or other stock)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Decrease heat to a simmer and cook until the peas and ginger are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Pour into a blender and carefully blend until pureed.
- Return to pan over medium-low heat and reheat gently, stirring occasionally.
- When soup is hot, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.