Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
Low Carb Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- (1) Take a 4 quart pot and saute the onions in the butter for five minutes or until soft.
- (2) Take Broccoli place in dish, place dish in microwave cook on medium for five minutes or until Broccoli warm. When done drain excess liquid from dish.
- (3) Add all ingredients (Except broccoli to pot) bring to simmer and stir well.
- (4) Once ingredients in pot are at a simmer add Broccoli and simmer for eight minutes.
- (5) After 8 minutes have elapsed let soup cool enough to place in blender and blend for one minute until soup is smooth. Then Serve.