Low Carb Chicken & Black Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Mix ingredients together in a large pot except sour cream.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream before serving.
- Serve with low carb pita chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this pretty much as given, although I did cut back on the amount of chili powder & cayenne pepper even those those amounts weren't huge! Also when a recipe calls for drained black beans, & usually also rinse 'em, & that's what I did here, too! The result was a very flavorful, comforting bean soup, & a recipe that I'll be keeping! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.