Recipe by Anita Harris
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue. (Cooking time does not include the 30 minutes allowed for cooling).
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into teaspoon-size pats
- fresh whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Spread cherry pie filling over bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate morsels and sugar. Spread dry cake mix over sugar, covering pie filling. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans. Place butter pats over cake mix, covering cake mix as evenly as possible. Bake 1 hour; let cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired.