Chocolate-Cherry Cola Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Pillsbury Super Moist Cake Mix Recipes. Cola Cake is an old southern recipe. This updated recipe uses a cake mix and cherry cola.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker super moist devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup cherry cola, carbonated beverage
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container betty crocker whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 24 maraschino cherries, with stems well drained, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Chop cherries, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, cola beverage, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup reserved liquid with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, beat 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cherries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme until smooth. Frost cake. Top each piece with 2 cherries.
- For chocolate-dipped cherries, melt 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoons shortening in microwave; stir. Dip well-drained cherries with stems into chocolate; refrigerate to set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awful!!! So I made this for Christmas along with a coconut carrot cake, pecan carrot cake, coconut cake, pumpkin pie, rice krispies treats, tons of cookies etc....I made a huge buffet for all company to have access too, 5 kids 5 adults, not one person ate the cake, there was one piece missing come the end of the holiday while nothing else was left. So I tried it, the reason no one ate it is because it taste like play dough :( It was awful!!! So bad so that I couldn't get the flavor off my tongue. This is definitely not the Soda Cakes our grandmothers use to makeReply