Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful recipe was featured during Paula's recent television appearance on Oprah's show --- I made it recently but added in 2 scant teaspoons fresh minced garlic and Tabasco, I also increased the nuts for the outside of the ball, this may be made up to 24 hours in advance, try this, you will love it! :)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml milk
- 532.32 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 59.14 ml green onion (white parts only)
- 56.69 g jar pimientos, drained
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans (Paula uses Fisher pecans)
- 10 slice bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml poppy seed
- Place the cream cheese and milk in a bowl; beat until well combined.
- Add in shredded cheese, onions, pimento and HALF of each, crumbled bacon and chopped pecans; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap, then form into a ball; cover tightly and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- In a pie plate mix together the remaining chopped pecans and bacon, then mix in the parsley and poppy seeds.
- Unwrap the cheese ball then gently roll into the nut mixture.
- Wrap again in a clean piece of plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours.
I loved this! It was absolutely beautiful after I rolled it in the pecans, poppy seeds, bacon, and parsley! Very colorful and so delicous! I know my family is going to tear it up when I walk in the door with this on Christmas!
Exceptional!!! Everyone loved it! I decided to use a little more blue cheese than called for, but next time will follow the recipe exactly. The blue cheese overpowered the cheddar for me a tiny bit...but still it was fabulous!!! Will definitely make again and again!! A+++++!!
Well, I had mixed reviews on this one. I didn't care for it at all, but had guests who couldn't get enough of it! For me, the blend of blue and sharp cheddar was just too strong, and really overpowering. That said, I probably will give it another shot using less blue and maybe even a mild cheddar cheese.