Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in one of my ladies magazines, reprinted from Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible. Posted for safe keeping.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Grease an 8" square baking dish with butter, oil or cooking spray. Line with waxed paper, leaving the edges of the waxed paper to hang over the edges of the dish.
- In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the milk over medium low heat. Stir in the butter until completely melted. Stir in the peanuts, vanilla and salt. Using a rubber spatula spread the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours. Using a hot, dry knife, cut into 1" squares.
Fantastic! Not too sweet with the salted peanuts.