Recipe by Chabear01
To say I LOVE Paula Deen and her recipes would be an understatement! This is a recipe from her magazine "Cooking With Paula Deen" Grits is the one breakfast food I will eat that is more like a cooked cereal (Which I normally call gruel" I grew up sneaking my daddys grits from his breakfast plate, and now have learned to eat them with the help of Paula Deen any time of the day. Try these wonderful grits as a side to your dinner dish instead of potatoes.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grits, old fashioned
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (I like to use red pepper flakes instead)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Slowly stir in grits; reduce heat to low, and cook until grits are tender, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, butter, and pepper.