Recipe by keen5
I can't remember where I got this recipe. I tried quite a few and seem to end up going back to this one.
Top Review by Katwoman
This is the same recipe that's in the Betty Crocker Cookbook from years ago. My newer book doesn't have this recipe in there. My sister's does and it is FANTASTIC!!! I'm glad you had it for me to copy. Thanx, Kat
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat water to boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Blend eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Mix in rice and raisins.
- Pour into ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Place casserole in square pan 9x9x2 inches; pour very hot water (1-1/4 inches deep) into pan.
- Bake about 70 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Remove casserole from water.
- Serve pudding warm or cool.