Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe came from a combination of other recipes. I wanted to make a recipe that offered a full flavour that was sweet, yet satisfying.
- Boil cabbage for 8-10 minutes or until pliable.
- Cook rice.
- Mix rice and beef in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, sugar, Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, tomato paste, 1/4 cup of tomato soup.
- Pat cabbage leaves dry, put spoonfuls of beef/rice mixture in the centre of the leaf and roll up each side.
- Repeat with all leaves.
- Place cabbage rolls with folds facing down in frying pan at med-low heat, pour 1/2 cup of tomato soup over them.
- Continue cooking, adding water as needed.
- Stir frequently, making sure the cabbage does not stick to the bottom- keep an eye on them so they don't come apart, and add the rest of the tomato soup as you cook- for 40-50 minutes.