Recipe by yooper
Got this off of the "Good Morning America" website after I saw her cook this on the show. This is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted!!
Top Review by Missy Wright
This was good Mac and Cheese. My girls ate it right up. I really like my mac and cheese to be a creamier though. This was very cheesy,but a stringy cheesy and I would have left out some of the butter had I known it was going to be so rich. It did have a good taste. Be sure to use the sharp cheddar. It really adds a zing.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g macaroni
- 118.32 ml butter
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml muenster cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add macaroni and the 1 TB oil.
- Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
- Drain well, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 TB of the butter.
- Stir into macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 8.