Old Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese
This has been one of my favorite side dishes. Make it a meal by adding leftover ham or some smoked sausage.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 cups macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk; pour over macaroni.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Hello Douglas, I am trying to recreate a recipe from my childhood. Yours is the very closest I can come . In my minds eye I can see my Aunt Doris and my Gram making this . I have a very clear memory of them adding flour after the elbow were tossed in butter then tossing the elbow in the flour then adding the cheese and milk . Are you familiar with such a recipe?thanks Kathy